Entry no.3, An enjoyable book!
I have not read so many books lately. But one that comes to mind is "Angry housewives eating Bon Bons", by Lorna Landvik. The reason I picked it out at the bookstore was simply that some friends of mine recommended it as a nice and relatively easy read.
I must say I was positively surprised. I did found it rather easy to read but it was also truly a very nice story, one that you really get caught up in.
The story of the book revolves around a group of women that lives as neighbors on the the same street. You get to know them over a period of forty years. Their relationships develop into deep friendship and they form a book group that they call "Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons". They are all very different as persons coming from very varied backgrounds. They all get tested in different ways during this time, as we all are during our lifetimes, and you get to follow their development as persons and as a group. The story alternates between each of the women's perspective.
I recommend this book since I find it entertaining and you get to know a lot about American culture and its values.
Through this story you might actually also get recommendations of really good literature. This since the women in the story regularly read and discuss books at their meetings.
You get good laughs and, if you are the type of person, you might shed a tear.
I got an empty feeling when realizing that the story had come to an end. For me that is always a sign that a book was entertaining.

2 Comments:
Eva-Lena,
You have written a structured and enjoyable text--good job!
I would like to encourage you to avoid the informal and ubiquitous "get/got"; it can almost always be substituted for another word or erased completely. You use the word a lot.
And in the last paragraph you have many single linebreaks that make the paragraph look somewhat choppy. Make sure you use two blank lines to start a new paragraph (like you do with the first couple of paragraphs) or no linebreak at all.
I agree with your finishing statement: a book that leaves a void when finished is a good book. The last book I read that left me with such a feeling of emptiness was Jonaas Hassen Khemiri's "Ett öga rött."
Cheers,
Andreas
hello!
it sounds as a book suiting me! i love books where you can find both laughs and tears... i don't really consider the length to be a reason to why someone would/would not read a book.
i like the text!
Post a Comment
<< Home