Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Just another addicton!

I do not consider game addiction any different than any other addiction. It probably in some way fill a need in the life of the people who gets hooked up on it. Then some of these persons do not have the ability to limit themselves and it gets an abuse.

I have never heard the terms MMOG or WOW before even though I have heard a little bit of these kind of games. I guess that they are really absorbing and fun to play once you get in to it. I have played simpler kinds of video- and computer games and although they were not at all this technically advanced they were also kind of "addictive". Once you started you should try "only one more time" since you might be able to improve this or that. Suddenly you realized that time just had flown away! I however do not miss this time consuming hobby and have no plans to take it up.

1 Comments:

At 4:04 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Hello Eva-Lena!

Like you, I also believe that this is just another addiction. As I wrote in my blog, I believe that all people have a set of "addiction-genes", and that these genes are expressed in different amounts. Some people are more easily addicted to things than others, and I think that's true.

I read another blog where the writer actually was a player as well, and he stated that the feeling of being part of something might be the explanation to video game addiction. I agree with him, and I can understand how that feeling is something you want to return to.

Well done, and I hope you have a great time on your vacation! :)
Anna Eriksson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home